Stayed on track in February, a couple good reads and one kinda boring one but the goal is going strong! Here are the books I read in February:
This was a book club picked by one of my friends, I probably wouldn’t have picked this up on my own, sure the topic sounds interesting but it was off my radar. I’m so glad she picked it! I quickly became obsessed! The world of Scientology is completely fascinating and Leah’s experience was so interesting. Leah joined the church with her mother as a young girl. Her story tells the tale of how they got involved, what she truly believed, and how she slowly came to learn that the church was not at all what she thought. It also has some great celebrity gossip, mostly about Tom Cruise, but it also makes me love Jennifer Lopez more than ever (read and see why) … Learn more here.
This book keeps coming up as a recommendation for me, and it sounded a lot like books that I generally like so when I saw it in the audio book section at the library, I grabbed it up. Unfortunately, I found it really hard to stay focused on this book, it was a little boring. Although the end did surprise me, which doesn’t happen often but that might have been because I wasn’t focused enough to catch the clues. … Learn more here.
This book is a compilation of Oprah’s “What I know for sure” column from O Magazine. It’s basically a bunch of short essays on life lessons that she has come to know in her experience. Oprah is very insightful and I enjoy reading from the perspective of people who have made success for themselves. This book is full of great pull quotes! I often take notes while reading and found myself wanting to write so many quotes that I think I’m just going to go buy a copy of this book to keep at home. I feel like I’ll want to revisit some of these essays at different times in the future. … Learn more here!
I didn’t end up reading the second Diviners book yet but it’s on my list of things to read next along with half a dozen others! My “To-Read” list is pretty long right now! I’m currently in the middle of The Storyteller, and I love it so far, I’ll tell you about it next month!
6/36 books (17% – On track)
- Read a book published this year
- Read a book you can finish in a day
- Read a book you’ve been meaning to read
- Read a book recommended by your local librarian or bookseller
- Read a book you should have read in school
- Read a book chosen for you by your spouse, sibling, or BFF (CHECK – Troublemaker)
- Read a book published before you were born
- Read a book that was banned at some point
- Read a book you previously abandoned
- Read a book you own but have never read
- Read a book that intimidates you
- Read a book you’ve already read at least once